Thursday 28 April 2011

Savings

I have been hearing on the radio lately that 85% of Canadians say that they cannot save money.  I feel that saving is not the problem that we have.  The problem that we have is that we are not able to cut back!  We feel like we should have everything right away. 

Well I am defiantly not in that category!  My fiancé (Boo) and I currently rent a really old townhouse, which was offered to us a really reasonable rate as the landlord was unable to rent it to anyone else.  Now don't get me wrong this place comes with some interesting features!  I have learned more about the removal of raccoons then I ever needed to know!  We also don't have a home phone, cable TV or any other small life luxuries.  We both have cell phones as we found plans that suit both of us and make it easier to be away from home and contacted.  The one thing that we could not live without would be the internet!! That is the one thing that we had to have when we moved and was part of the deal if we could not get high-speed then we would not have rented the house.

Most of the furniture that we have in our house was FREE!! My parents were moving and upgrading we were able to get their second hand stuff.  This to me was great!  We have much better furniture then we could ever afford if we were to go out and buy everything that we got.  I also got lots of second hand kitchen stuff from people that I was working with that just wanted to get rid of stuff.  Some people think that we cannot afford to purchase these things and that is why they want to give them to us, which is 100% not the case we just like FREE stuff!

If more people were able to make the cut backs I think the people would be much more likely to be able save money.  They have just not made savings a priority!

No comments:

Post a Comment